|Starting July 7 2016, only institutional clients using a U of Sask CFOAPAL or PCARD will be eligible to purchase all items listed on this site, https://ccs.usask.ca. Why the change? See /retailinstitutionalrestructuring for details.|
IT only provides facilitation of both warranty and non-warranty service for laser printers purchased with a CFOAPAL.
Before arranging a technician to come onsite to diagnose your printer we do suggest contacting IT Tech Services to help you determine if this a hardware problem with the printer or some kind of setting or software issue. If you try this first and are advised to set up the printer for service we encourage you to have as much information as possible about the equipment and the problem at hand such as:
• the make/model of the equipment in question
• the warranty status
• the serial number
• a description of the problem (write down the error code if one appears)
• your location and e-mail
Providing this information can help the technician to resolve the problem in a timely manner.
For your convenience please use the forms below for completing your request:
Technical Support Ticket Form
Please note that Manufacturer warranties cover faults in original hardware only. Customer initiated hardware additions and software issues are not covered under manufacturer warranties. Maintenance kits are not covered under warranty service.
We can arrange service for the following machines in or out of warranty;
• Lexmark - All models of laser printers, with exception of models with exchange warranties. For models covered by exchange warranties you must contact the manufacturer.
• HP - All models of laser printers, with exception of some colour models and models covered by replacement warranty. For models covered by replacement warranty, customers must contact the manufacturer.
Manufacturers offer a limited warranty with the purchase of their equipment. The length of standard consumer warranties can vary from 90 days to three years. Some manufacturers offer extended warranties at additional cost. Additional warranty can sometimes be purchased even after the original sale is complete. If you are interested extending the support on an out of warranty printer please contact us. It is important for consumers to be aware of the content of the warranty and what it entitles.
If you have a printer that comes with an exchange or replacement warranty please contact the number below:
• Lexmark - 1-800-539-6275 from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. Saturdays from 12:00pm - 6:00pm EST.
• HP - 1-800-539-6275 from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. Saturdays from 12:00pm - 6:00pm EST.
*We require you to provide a CFOAPAL when arranging for any repairs or diagnostic fees whether or not the printer is in or out of warranty. This is because if the issue is caused by accidental damage or software there will be a charge for diagnostic fees. No charges will be made without first contacting the end user and getting approval for the charges. Please note that all onsite service starts at $79.75 per hour.
Please contact IT Tech Services for more information.
Unfortunately, there is no onsite service offered for inkjet printers. You will have to contact the manufacturer directly for any issues related to your inkjet printer. Here is a list of service phone numbers:
• Canon - 1-800-OK-CANON* (1-800-652-2666) - open from 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. EST
• Epson - 1-905-709-2567* - open 6:00 a.m to 8:00 p.m PT Monday to Friday and 7:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m Saturdays
• HP - 1-800-HP-INVENT* (1-800-474-6836) - open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for most products
• Lexmark - 1-800-539-6275* - open 9:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m Monday to Friday, 12:00 p.m to 6:00 p.m Saturdays
*technical support over the phone is often a pay per issue fee. You can find many free online troubleshooting guides on the manufacturer website.
If this is a departmentally owned ink jet printer you may also contact IT Tech Services to help you determine if this a hardware problem with the printer or some kind of setting or software issue.